Welcome

Thursday, January 20, 2011

About im traveling to Newark NJ and I need some help

im traveling to Newark NJ and I need some help?
Im from louisville ky and i have never really left louisville for a long period of time but im going to be working in Newark NJ for the next month and im a little nervous. i have many questions like Is it a good safe city? any good places to eat i should try? i wont have a car there but i would like to go to new york city can i take a subway or bus or somthing to get to new york city? any places I should go while im in newark? any places I should not go while im there? any advise you have will help me out alot. my work just sprung this crap on me. I have to leave sunday and im very unprepared! please help!
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered - 3 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Umm yeah the words "Newark" and "safe" should not be used in the same sentence. Camden, Trenton and Newark all made the top 25 Most Dangerous Cities list: http://www.morganquitno.com/cit07pop.htm
Answer 2 :
Well I live in New Jersey. Newark I'm not so sure about but South Orange is a nice little town. Yeah you can take the NJ Transit to NYC. What I suggest (for both NY and NJ is to just research the area on the internet). NYC is so huge. Just walk out of the subway and there's stuff to do. Hey thats kinda cool I know a kid from Louisville, KY. We go to the same college!
Answer 3 :
I agree with the first guy. I hope this job pays well. Please be careful, always have something you could use for protection and a cell phone. Study local street maps to become familiar with your surroundings
Read more other entries :